Friday, May 6, 2011

Several Thousand Word-Pictures





These are from Grandma & Grandpa Cheek's (mom's parents) house. We gladly took ownership of them when they were looking for a new home. Aren't they just the cheeriest pots ever? They make me smile because they remind me of sitting in G & G Cheek's kitchen on a Sunday while lunch is cooking and the house is full of aunts and uncles and grandkids and puppies.

Across the street from our friends, the Groff's, house. So thankful that they weren't home when the tornado came through their neighborhood about a month ago, and so thankful that their house was mostly spared damage.

I got to babysit Silas a month or so ago. I love this bib. We love Silas! So glad we get to be around for his baby-ness!

Casey has been telling me "We need to get me an exercise ball" for approximately nine months of marriage, and I have been telling him "Well, I'm totally fine if you wanna go to Walmart and buy it" because I hate going to Walmart. We finally broke down and went to Walmart at like ten o'clock and while there met a guy who introduced himself by saying to Casey "Hey man, wow, you're really tall! I bet you play a lot of ball. Did you play college ball? High School?" Yeah...

Casey spilled an entire cup of ice water on a bag that was holding all of our wedding cards, which I'm holding onto for sentimental reasons. If you're not sentimental, stop ridiculing me in your mind right now. I will scrapbook these. But, they needed drying, so we set them over our entire living room, and then had a pick-up competition last night. Casey won, 57-54.

Cinco de Mayo! (which I found out yesterday, is not as big in Mexico as in the US. Ironic? I think so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment