Monday, May 2, 2011

Nostalgia

I've been listening to music this morning that brings me straight back to E.A. "Take me to your heart" by some poppy UK group was always blaring in the school cafeteria. I would LOOOVE to walk in there, order some fanqie ji dan chao fan. Oh. yes. I might even grab a vanilla coke to wash it down.

Then I listened to some Colbie Callait and all I could picture was me and LeeAnn sitting in Chicago Coffee, singing the chorus of "Oxygen". "Oh ba-aby if I was your lady, I would make you ha-apy..."

Now I'm listeninig to Need to Breathe's "More Time" and I'm remembering sitting out on our enclosed patio doing homework, the sun shining in. Maybe someone a couple floors up just dropped some sort of liquid out their window that came crashing down on our patio roof, and a little leaked through the roof onto me. "What the?!"

I used to listen to my ipod when I was walking or riding the bus somewhere alone. A classic listen was "Bleeding Love" because you are just JAMMING "But I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you!" in your head...sometimes out loud, because you are in a foreign country and you're already a weirdo, so why not sing out loud and bob your head a little? Sometimes in a city of 6 million it was nice to tune out all the other noise and release a little frustration.

I guess I kind of miss E.A. today. Oh man..."Apologize" just came on. Classic E.A. jam. Remember when Kris Allen sang "Apologize" on American Idol?? And it sucked. I loved American Idol just for that year because we all watched it together. I don't care what Casey says about how terrible it was. Oh E.A...

1 comment:

  1. EA misses YOU! At the very least I will always have your blog and your beautiful writing.

    Love you,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete