Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Needy

Casey and I just spent a week and a half in India. I spent the first couple days of that sick, begging God for help, and reciting 1 John so I wouldn't go crazy  imagining that I would not get better (there's one good reason to memorize Scripture!).

I thought I was going to go "do something", but as it turns out, I don't think I've ever felt more needy and helpless as I did in a foreign country, with people I hardly knew, unable to eat, and feeling generally miserable. My friend Tim told me, as I questioned why I was even there, that God was growing my dependence on Him. Wow. Yes.

Humbled? Uh, yeah. Willingly? Um...right...Good thing God is bigger, right?

Sunday was our first night back with the family (East Rock, that is). Guess what Tim preached on? Humility. Yay...? I thought, "Really? Okay, God...I'll listen."

Monday was the first day of our first "normal-life-in-America" week, and to help me not go crazy at home by myself, Casey made me a to-do list. The second thing on the list? Read a few chapters in the book Humility. Humility again?? Now things are starting to get comical. Seems God won't let me off the hook with just hearing about humility...He means for me to actually grow...

Monday night was our first time back with our Life Together Group. We talked about...say it with me...HUMILITY! Only a crazy would not be getting the idea now. Seems we're in a season of learning humility. And boy does it hurt. Oh, that I would submit to this and learn joyfully. Y'all pray that I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment