Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh yes we did...(this post dedicated to Erin)




















So, the State Fair came a couple weeks ago. We live close enough to the fairgrounds that we could hear the fireworks every night around 9:45 PM. Every single night of the fair they scared me, until I remembered "oh yeah, fair, fireworks...not war." Now, growing up I mostly went to the Moore County fair (what up Carthage!?), but a few times I remember going to the state fair for the day. Casey (Roxboro) doesn't remember ever going to the state fair growing up. So, after I convinced him that we should go, especially on canned food night, when admission is basically half-off, we headed out with our good friend Erin (pictured left, about to indulge in her KK Bacon Cheeseburger). Casey LOVED the fair. We all knew he'd love the food (deep fried banana pudding, country ham biscuit, french fries, coke, half of a KK bacon cheeseburger, hot dog, and still wondering if he should eat more as we left...amazing). But who knew he'd love all the rest of the fair just as much? He loved the village of yesteryear, he loved the crafts, he loved the animals, he loved the produce, he loved the people. He loooved the fair. Erin and I were at times like the parents trying to keep up with the little kid running to every different booth, and other times like the kids ourselves---"Do we HAVE to keep looking at these crafts?" Still, crafts and animals aside, our main mission (well, mine at least) was to get ahold of one of those Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburgers. $6 ($7.50 once you add bacon and cheese) worth of heart-attack-inducing-sugar-rushing goodness. We did it. Mission accomplished. Scoff if you will, but I think our fair trip was a success. And, I'm happy to report, we still enjoy cheeseburgers and Krispy Kreme donuts. Though, in the future, probably not together.

2 comments:

  1. i'm soooo jealous! but i saw snow today, so i guess we're even :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I think one of my arteries just clogged by reading,"Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburgers." I will send you my cardiologist bill.

    ReplyDelete