Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Newlyweds' Entertainment Center


Yes, that's an ironing board with Cristina's laptop perched atop.  If I still lived in Roxboro, we'd call this "Redneck".

In America, this is also called "weird", because we don't have a TV (yet).  We've actually chosen not to have one for our first year of marriage, due in large part to our wanting to strengthen our young relationship, and for other reasons explained more fully here.  

We're also on that Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover plan, and TV's not a necessity you know ;)

So what film was showing tonight? ELF! Cristina decorated for Christmas while I was away at work on Black Friday, so we decided to officially inaugurate the Christmas season with cinnamon-dusted eggnog & one of Cristina's favorite Christmas movies (my favorite Christmas Vacation is soon to follow).

Strangely enough, we watched most of Elf pondering & discussing the Christological similarities of Buddy the Elf among other spiritual themes :) I love my wife.  She's my best friend, and very fun to hang with.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey, appreciate the ironing board!
    A... because you don't have to iron everything!

    B... because it supports your intentions to be
    intentional in building your marriage

    C... for it's multi-purpose use as a table of
    multiple heights...as it can be a coffee
    table or kid table for guests...an extra
    whenever and wherever you need one,whatever the pressing need...Up
    high or down low...

    D...To be used for pre-natal therapy, in case of the need to stretch out in hopes to flip a breech baby who does not respond to other measures...


    And there you have it, the down-low on the ironing board! Probably more than you wanted to know... My FYI is just TMI!

    I am going to go get my ironing done now...
    never mind, it is occupied. I think I'll do it later!

    Love you guys... May God bless your desire to honor Him. You bless me!

    Happy First Holidays...

    From the Horton mom...and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live like no one else until you can live like no one else!

    Love yall. and Xmas vacay and elf. I don't know mar-go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are my favorite newlyweds EVER (apart from Daniel and myself, of course). Actually, we were a lot like you. No TV then, either. Fun at every turn. We fought a lot, too, that first year, but we were becoming something rare in this world: a real case of the two becoming one. 8 years from now you will look back on your ironing board/eggnog evenings and smile bigger than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete