Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snapshots of Turkey Day 2010












This was our first holiday spent completely together, as a married couple. I'd say it went pretty well. I kicked off the holiday by cutting up magazines to make leaf shapes that I hung from our otherwise useless "window" between the kitchen and living room areas. You say "tacky", I say "fall" (I did feel a little like Buddy the Elf). The week before Thanksgiving poor little mommy got in a car wreck, so I headed down to give her a hug, and also to help cook a turkey that she'd gotten for about $2 with a coupon (oh coupons). I think we did a pretty good job, if you don't count the fact that we left the bag of organs in tact while we cooked it. That Friday, Casey and I headed to our small group (a group of 3 other married couples from our church who get together and get to know each other while studying the Word) for an awesome pre-Thanksgiving-meal, which constituted my only holiday cooking yet (I'd say that's a pretty good deal). On the actual Thanksgiving Day, to my regret, we did not dress up like pilgrims and Indians (see "Holidays 2008" ) , but we did start our tradition of Thanksgiving morning cinnamon rolls...mmm....then we headed to Burlington for the Cheek's and the Wase's, headed back to Raleigh that night so Casey could work the next morning and I could decorate for Christmas(!), and finally, headed to Roxboro Saturday afternoon for time with the Adams'. It's been a fun-filled couple weeks, and I'm glad Christmas season is officially here. Off to listen to some Christmas music now...(as if I haven't been listening to it since November 1st anyway)...

No comments:

Post a Comment